lundi 21 octobre 2019

Authorization in API Gateway vs Microservice Endpoints

I'm trying to build a microservice architecture. I've learned some benefits of API gateway like: load balancing, invoking multiple microservices and aggregating the results, cache management etc. So I decided to include it in my system.

My question is whether I should implement authorization in gateway layer or separately in each microservice endpoints ? For example authenticating user on gateway and passing user claims in decrypted form to be used in authorization logic to each service call ?

It seems like it make sense and saves processing time to authorize some aggregates before even calling each service. However, authorization logic is really a concern of individual service.

What is your advice ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire