mercredi 20 juin 2018

How to deal with 401s in React application?

I am creating a react SPA application and I am using tokens that are refreshed on every request to any authenticated route.

On 401/Unauthrorized for any of these AJAX requests, I prompt the user with a popup/modal that requests the user to login so that they don't have to lose the state of their current page.

I could redirect them to the login page and then back but they would lose any current state unless I persisted it somehow, but that seems like unnecessary complexity.

The problem is that after the initial failed AJAX request, more AJAX requests could occur. So if I just redo the initial failed AJAX request then it will not be correct. I'm thinking that I could save all the failed request promises and then re-resolve them after the user has re-authenticated.

Is the proper high level approach?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire