vendredi 29 juin 2018

How to architecture an application that uses information from a third party API service?

I am looking for guidelines on how to architect my solution that utilizes most of its information from a third party service. Most of my applications are developed on N-layered architecture and deployed on multiple tiers. I know this may have many opinions but I just need a brief overview I can elect as the best solution before I begin develop.

Ideally, I will have the following structure in my solution:

--UI > User Interface --BO > Business Objects/ Dtos --API > Local API to feed to many user interfaces, i.e. Web/Mobile --BLL > Business Logic Layer for any application specific rules --DAL > Data Access Layer Entities and Repositories to perform CRUD ops against my DB --3rd API > To retrieve information and display within my application

I am not sure as in how to construct objects from this 3rd party source, should I marry the requests in my DAL layer or UI layer, what are the best principles and practises for working in this model, and am sure theres a lot of us developing applications that depend on other services. I would like to develop a clean, separation of concerns between layers, so that its easy to swap out the 3rd party service in case if it goes 'white elephant'. If you have a blog or examples I can look at please? Or if you would like me to elaborate more

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire