dimanche 17 juin 2018

Best way to abstract an iOS App for reuse in a different deployment

I'm looking to abstract an existing app of mine, which is a social media streamer (filtered for relevant audiences). I want to abstract in such a way that the app can be reused for multiple audiences through a separate App Store deployment - e.g. App1 streams YouTube Channel 1,2,3 or Twitter feeds 1,2 and I want to build a new app (reusing most of App1) that streams YouTube Channel 4,5,6 or Twitter feeds 3,4.

I realize that this is as easy as changing the channel IDs or twitter handles, etc. However, what I want to know and learn is the best practice for such an abstraction? Moreover, abstracting the code would be easier to manage once I have multiple apps while upgrading, etc.

Some possible options that I could think of was:

  1. Creating Global Variables to store the channel names/ twitter handles
  2. Storing these variables into a info.plist or a new plist
  3. Any other?

I want to follow some best practices and also aim to improve the application performance while doing so.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire