jeudi 24 janvier 2019

Alternatives to the Pipes and Filters pattern

Modifying and tying to test the 7th filter out of a chain of 11 filters proves to be painful to test.

Each filter passes along the same object reference and they work on it. So for me, I have no idea what kind of state this object would be in when I receive it in the 7th filter that I'm modifying.

There isn't much documentation. So I don't really know what state I'm getting.

Are there any other ways to replace the Pipes and Filters pattern in general? I'm looking for a good way suitable for unit testing.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/patterns/pipes-and-filters

The way this programme that I'm working on is arranged seems like each filter relies on the output of the previous filter. And the filters are added in a specific order. The filters cannot be rearranged in a different order.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire