lundi 24 septembre 2018

CQRS/Event sourcing and MVVM

I have an application built with WPF and PRISM. This is a large project, and is event driven.

Logging is really important, so I was looking at incorporating CQRS and Event sourcing principles so we can log more, and better.

We also have some 'state' like displaying and setting the computername.

Now I am trying to wrap my head around a couple things:

  1. Things that are not event-based like the computer name (Which would not be in my control/database) How would I read and set the value?

  2. Some dataflow will come from the UI, thus being a command. Some will also come from external systems (lets say I poll a server and have a 'changed' event) How would this work? would I need to generate a Command or inject in directly into the event store?

  3. How would this work with MVVM? Would I need to get rid of MVVM - or should i use these patterns in conjunction etc.

Note: The main goal is logging - although replaying and all other pro's event sourcing provides would be handy too.

Also - some examples/sources tackling a broaders spectrum would be helpfull.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire