vendredi 27 janvier 2017

Overusing code behind in my WPF application?

I'm creating a simple WPF application for practice purposes only, but I have little experience in WPF. Using WPF XAML seems troublesome to me, as I have a lot more experience with C# Console and especially with the videogame engine Unity, where devs have access to an Editor (analogues to the Design Window in WPF) and the code behind, with no XAML whatsoever. This is why I tend to use less XAML and much code behind.

For example here, I modify the Margin property of a button, while I set its Opacity to 1; this all happens upon a click event to the grid, which calls the function (exactly the way it's done in Unity):

public  void Grid_MouseRightButtonDown(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
        {
            RandomButton.Margin = new Thickness(0, 0, 0, 0);
            RandomButton.Opacity = 1;

        }

If I'm not mistaken, this can be achieved through Data Binding in XAML as well, although it seems to be a lot more complicated method seemingly producing the same result.

So my questions are: is there a difference between the two ways, say, performance-wise or in terms of expandability (which one would be easier to expand/modify later)? Which one is used in the industry?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire