mercredi 25 janvier 2017

DAO calling another DAO for nested objects

I'll explain it with an example. Assume, I've two tables:

Department(deptId, deptName)

Employee(empId, empName, deptId)

And a DAO for each of them. Employee has Many to One relationship to Department. In my domain model Employee refers Department object.

  1. Now when I call finder on EmployeeDAO, should I make a call to DepartmentDAO from inside EmployeeDAO, to return a completely formed Employee Object(with Department). Below post suggests against it:

Can a DAO call DAO?

  1. I also wanted to add Lazy loading for the Department, in which case it would seem that Employee Object should have a reference to DepartmentDAO, to call it when Employee#getDepartment() method is called, or is there any other way to do it.

    Note : Domain objects are just for the sake of discussion, so please don't suggest to remodel them.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire