lundi 26 avril 2021

Guidance on architecting an Blazor App for Background Processes

I am looking for direction on how to approach this. This is a personal project of mine to learn more about web technologies since the last time I touched this stuff was when Macromedia was still in business.

I have two programs. Both are .NET CORE 3.1 and written in C#.

  • Email console app
  • Blazor server-side single page web app

The Email console app runs every 15 minutes to check to see if a Google Gmail account received any new emails. If it does certain meta data from the emails will be parsed and stored in a SQL database. Yes, I know I don’t have to poll the email every 15 minutes since Google has push support.

The Blazor web app is just an HTML table where individual table cells get updated based on SQL database changes in a real-time fashion. You can think of this table as a dashboard of sorts.

Right now both programs run on my system.

Now, my question is:

If I wanted to get rid of the Email console app and replace its functionality in the Blazor web app what libraries or techniques would I use to have a background service automatically poll the Gmail account every 15 minutes. I am quite proficient with C# but when it comes to web stuff I am still a noob so I am just looking for stuff to research to learn more. Unsure if a Microservice will make sense.

Thank you for any suggestions. Eventually, my plan it to host this Blazor web app in Microsoft Azure for my personal usage.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire