lundi 13 avril 2020

How do developers and designers use a component library? [closed]

hey everyone i just came across Component Libraries and read up a bit on them. Based on what I've read i understand that these component libraries have a bunch of built and tested components ready for you out of the box. and if you're using one throughout your app, it will keep all your components and designs all consistent. That's great.... sounds like it would save me a lot of time making custom designed buttons, etc...

That makes sense to me as a developer working alone. But my question is how do companies that have devs and ui/ux designers work together with a component library? let's say i have a friend who designs mobile app on Adobe XD, and I'd like him to help me with designing an app for me to code. I don't understand how a component library will help him, does he simply just eyeball the designs of the buttons on the website and put it into adobe xd? and then i (the dev) will load that component from the library?

i guess the main question is, how does a ui designer working on adobe XD or Figma use a component library, and then how does a developer use the designer's design file and use the component library?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire