samedi 26 août 2017

MVC + REST + nested resources + single page app

I'm a novice, but struggling hard to implement this interactive application I'm working on "the right way" or at least a good way in terms of scalability, maintainability, modularity, development speed and tool independence. That's why I chose the REST design guides and a framework which implements MVC.

However I can't get my head around where to put what in the following situation and any input or reading material from a more experienced developer in this techniques would be greatly appreciated :

I'm developing a single page web app which creates a resource that has several nested resources within. In the create methods and alike, I need to call the create methods from the nested resources. Right now every GET request is responded with a JSON, which the front end then parses, shows and add dynamically to the page accordingly. The question is : where should this create and store methods from nested resources be, in the controller or in the model?

Currently, my approach is : since the controller function is to handle user input, interact with model and return the view accordingly, the nested store methods are in the model since they're not created independently, their create methods are in the controller since they're requested from ajax calls, but this isn't nested, and so on. I'm worried that this is too mixed up and not general.

Am I ok ? Am I mixed up? I don't wanna make a mess for my coworkers to understand. Theory becomes tricky when applied..

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire