samedi 29 avril 2017

UML and Code Relationship

I understand that the main goal of UML is to communicate. UML intends to provide a design of a system and Code really is the actual building block of the system.

My question is if code an uml are suppose to directly mirror each other. Let me explain: ~I am working on a java program that uses a web service to display movie show times. ~So far I have managed to make simple gui with AWT and Swing that displays show times. ~The program has 16 classes and a friend of mine extended my code on a git however he added the following to all the classes.

package ShowTimesFrUSA;

I wanted to present my program with designs of UML with a package Diagram. However I already divided my classes into different packages differently from the way it is coded.Packages:UI (AWT and Swing) , Controllers, Moviemonitor, MovieService, USAmovies <>

I just want to show the dependancies between the class groups in my code as part of the requirements for this presentation and the package diagram is really good for that. But I am unsure if the packages in the model should directly mirror the way packages are coded in java?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire