samedi 24 septembre 2016

OnStart Windows Service using Task rather than timer

I have a LOT more to learn about Task, and how to manage it. I can use it, and the pitfalls are starting to sink in (error handling and aggregate exceptions), however, I'm looking for the best way using Task to start a window service with a long running process. I thought I could have found it on the net - but I'm having no luck.

I have a windows Azure Service Bus, that when a message shows up, I have a long process that takes over a minute to complete . The process monitors a queue, and deals with the work involving that message. Ideally I would like to have X competing consumers all monitoring the same queue.

Point to examples, or just a nod to show direction would be appreciated.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire