dimanche 20 septembre 2020

React + Serverless (Domain Driven Design and Microservice Architecture)

Clarification before starting: I am not a professional programmer, I am still in the university, so maybe I am saying barbarities.

Hello,

I have a question about the typical structure in a serveless app implemented with React Native and Cloud Functions (and other cloud services). After a year of experience with React, I have noticed there is no "model" like in other languages like Java... instead there are components and screens, and the client "logic" can be written in both of them. Also, it is very common to make apps with Serverless, so imagine that the most part of your screens and components, connect to cloud functions, which write data on a same database or make queries to API endpoints, and other cloud services.

My question is if that is a pattern, as a lot of people do this that way I suppose there is a name to that.

I have a series of concepts in my head spinning:

 1- Domain Driven Design
 2- Microservice Architecture
 3- FaaS

But I am not really sure about them...

For example, in a microservice architecture, the logic is splitted in microservices which communicates to lightweight mechanisms... (here I imagine my components and screens, which have an unique purpose and connect to their respective cloud functions), but I have also seen that there has to be multiple databases... and in my app there is an unique NO-SQL database... Pd: my cloud functions are not only divided by their purpose but also by the collection of the database they handle.

And about domain driven design, in my app there is deep connection between the implementation and the concepts of the business model and core, as I have my code well structured (representative names, a good project hierarchy...) based on my business use cases... but I am not really sure if I am right.

I would really appreciate the help of someone who has years of experience in the business world to settle these concepts or tell me what kind of pattern is the one I have described

Thank you.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire