lundi 28 décembre 2015

Implementing Strategy pattern instead of several if statements

I have this method with lot of if statements, in which I'm filtering SharePoint list based on employee position.The result is query string which is passed as parameter to another method QuerySPList.

 public List<Phone> GetListOfPhones(Employee emp)
 {
    List<Phone> records = new List<Phone>();
    string query = string.Empty;

    if (emp.Positions.Count == 1 && emp.Positions[0] == "Regular")
    {
       query = "";// some querystring                              
    }


    if (emp.Positions.Count == 1 && emp.Positions[0] == "OfficeDirector")
    {   
       query = "";// some querystring    
    }

    if (emp.Positions.Count == 1 && emp.Positions[0] == "Admin")
    {
        query = "";// some querystring 
    }              

    if (emp.Positions.Count == 2 && emp.Positions.Contains("Regular") && emp.Positions.Contains("OfficeDirector"))
    {

      query = "";// some querystring 

     }

   var rawItems = QuerySPList(query);

   foreach (SPListItem item in rawItems)
   {
        //business logic 
   }
   return records;
}}

I've read that with implementing strategy pattern we can avoid messy code with lot of if's , however , I'm new to developing , and design patterns , so I need little help with this one,so if someone can guide me what should I do and give me advice , feel free to answer my question.I have idea , but I think that I'm going in the wrong direction. Idea is to create interface IRoleHandler and than implement it to 3 classes , for example RoleAdmin ,RoleRegular,RoleOfficeDirector.Something like this :

public interface IRoleHandler<T>
{
    string handleRole(T obj);
}
public class RoleAdmin:IRoleHandler<Employee>
{

    public string handleRole(Employee emp)
    {
        if (emp.Positions.Count == 1 && emp.Positions[0] == "Admin")
        {
            //return some string query
        }

    }
}

Then idea is to create dictionary,something like this :

Dictionary<string, IRoleHandler<Employee>> strategyHandlers = new Dictionary<string, IRoleHandler<Employee>>();
        strategyHandlers.Add("Admin", new RoleAdmin());
        strategyHandlers.Add("Regular", new RoleRegularUser());

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire