mercredi 26 juillet 2023

URL Redirection Service using AWS services

My use case is as follows: I'm trying to create a url redirect service (with an "umbrella" hyperlink) based on a user's home country (provided by a federated identity), and looking for a solution using AWS services. I'm sure there is a relatively simple way to do this in AWS but am not familiar enough with full-stack development and the available options.

I have a lambda function that takes a user's federated identity and returns their home country as an ISO-3166 code. Based on this, I need to set up a hyperlink with a custom domain. When the user clicks on the hyperlink, the site should redirect the user to any number of other URLs based on the home country value provided by the lambda. The mappings for the redirect urls should also be stored somewhere in AWS either in a database, AppConfig, etc, and should be easily changeable.

Since the site itself has no homepage or content of it's own, I'm wondering if there is a simple way to do this in AWS.

I'm about to set up a custom domain in Route 53 and not really sure what is the best option from there. I've read about the solutions for domain redirection in Route 53 here, but since I'm new to these services I'm not sure which would fit my use case best.

I've looked into AWS Amplify hosting for URL redirects but it seems like setting up an amplify stack is excessive for the use case.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire