samedi 23 juillet 2022

Does this architecture exist within Kubernetes?

I'm familiar with Kubernetes and Docker, but am very much a beginner as far as deployment is concered. Nevertheless, I have an idea for a project using two services where users can reserve a "room" which has set resources at it's disposal.

One will be effectively a front end where users can reserve and abandon rooms, and one is responsible for hosting the rooms. The room host will be able to host x number of rooms and I'd like to make it scale horizontally as requests exceed that limit, using headers to route users to their reserved room. Similarly, as rooms are abandoned (either by a manual request to do so or exceeding an inactivity timer) I'd like the room hosts to scale down.

My question is, how could I go about implementing this design pattern? Is Kubernetes the best way of going about it? Would I need to use CRDs and write a custom operator, or are there better ways of going about it?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire