vendredi 17 juin 2022

Approaches to Apply Incremental Row Changes Based on a RAW table?

I have inherited a collection of data that is divided into two parts: A master record file and many incremental update files. These records are saved in a single table. I have two primary requirements:

  1. I would like to properly update my database model to have an active table tracked as a temporal table.
  2. I would like to start with my master record data and then apply each incremental update file from the raw table in some defined order (a date received column).

Is there a method for doing this without a cursor, while loop, or SSIS job to load each file again? If such a way exists, I would basically configure my new temporal table and then merge each incremental file in my specified order. Any approaches to consider?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire