mercredi 15 décembre 2021

Has the recombine step been left out of modern education?

My first programming instructor taught me to code correctly the first time, by verifying all code on paper before we even touched a computer.

Many of the modern code analysis tools flag long methods for being too long, by exceeding some arbitrary length.

These programs purpose splitting a "long" method into several single-use methods.

Designing, writing and testing with these many smaller methods and classes is easier, no question.

However, newcomer(outside) readability degrades with each split.

When I was taught to split the design into parts, I was also taught to recombine single-use methods and in-line multi-use methods as much as possible.

My question is: Has the recombine step been left out of modern CS education?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire