mercredi 24 février 2021

Java ValidatorFactory as an implementation of Abstract Factory design pattern?

I have to analyze an existing open source application (OpenDev) written in Java and one of the questions asks we identify 3 GoF design patterns implemented in the code. I was thinking about the Abstrat Factory, as I saw the use the ValidatorFactory interface in the code which seems, in theory, to implement this design pattern.

Here is the part of the code that I was thinking about :

bind(ValidatorFactory.class).toProvider(new com.google.inject.Provider<ValidatorFactory>() {

            @Override
            public ValidatorFactory get() {
                Configuration<?> configuration = Validation
                        .byDefaultProvider()
                        .configure()
                        .messageInterpolator(new ParameterMessageInterpolator());
                return configuration.buildValidatorFactory();
            }
            
}).in(Singleton.class);

I am not very familiar with Java projects, so don't quite uderstand the bind().toProvider() process and how exactly this piece of code would work.

Could I consider this an implementation of the Abstract Factory pattern? And if so, how could I clearly explain its implementation in this case?

Thank you in advance!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire