jeudi 18 février 2021

Eventual Consistency With One Database

Does eventual consistency only cover data replication (copies of the same data):

To give an example without copies of the same data:

  • I have one single database.
  • I have Microservice A that performs an action. Let's say I deposit funds into my bank account. The microservice in this example ONLY handles storing your deposits and withdrawls, but nothing else to do with your account.
  • When Microservice A is finished, it communicates to Microservice B that it needs to do update the balances on the account.
  • Microservice B updates the account balances

In this example, there is a time between the deposit being made and the account updating the balances where the balance will be "incorrect".

Is this an example of Eventual Consistency -- despite having one database, my data will not be tell the full story right away...but it will eventually... :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire