mardi 30 avril 2019

Should I use inheritance if i want to reduce boiler plate codes in this scenario?

I have a Pojo class that is corresponding to a table in the database. The class Report.java has several fields:

class Report {
   public Date createDate;
   public String creator;
   public String description;
   public String id;
}

From the first requirement, I need to return the Report object using the id to search for it in the database. The response should only contains those 4 fields. But now they want to have another REST endpoint such that with the id, I need to return extra information in the response such as Date validUntil; I am thinking to use inheritance for this such as:

class ExtendedReport extends Report {
  public Date validUntil;
}

I am not sure is this the best way to reduce boiler plate or I should do another way ?

Thank you.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire