samedi 19 mai 2018

Should my application implement a back button?

My application has a defined flow, starting on 1 fragment and always moving to a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and final 6th fragment. Due to the nature of the flow, it is common to move back through fragments too.

I don't implement a back button within the app because I remember reading design theory from Google which recommended to never implement a back button because Android devices implement their own back buttons.

I'm still in development and I've tested the app with users, and I've received feedback that I should implement a back button.

My first thought is to reject the feedback because of the theoretical principle I referred to above, but I can't remember enough detail about the principle to be able to find it again, so I wonder whether my memory is inaccurate.

Is this principle correct? Is it against Google design principles to implement a back button?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire