dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Creating a text-based map for a text based RPG

Currently, I am creating a text based RPG. I am wondering how I could go about creating a somewhat interactive map, defining specific tiles to hold certain world information like enemy AI and loot or places like towns and dungeons, how to create text based maps for those places, and how to track player movement throughout the world.

I want the world to be borderless, so that player's could hypothetically play the game forever. If I were to create a few classes defining a town, how could I pull a random town object to a certain tile in the world environment for the player to interact with?

How would I go about structuring my player classes, enemy and character AI classes, and room classes?

Lastly, how could I go about creating a text-based visual map for the player to use?

Thanks for any help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire