jeudi 19 février 2015

Multiple account types authentication with asp.net Identity

I need to update a complex recruitment website using Asp.Net MVC. Being new to the Claims-Based Identity authentication system I have my doubts, so maybe you can help me in the right direction.


The whole website revolves around two basic entities: Companies and Candidates. They all have their areas of the website and need to login in order to access their data. Now I know that this has been debated before but I'm not sure I've come to the right conclusion. Every post that I find suggests using "Identity Claims", but somehow it doesn't feel like the right way to go.


First I want to be clear on some points:



  • a candidate will never be a company and vice versa.

  • the company and candidate entities are very different and complex, each having more than 25 properties of which only 5 or so are the same.

  • both tables have relationships with lots of other different tables in the database.


Combining these two entities makes me feel like I'm going to make a mess out of it, and it doesn't feel right from an architectural point of view.


Note: As of it is now, the website solves this problem using the composition pattern.


So my question is: Is the Claims-Based model still a good Idea for this specific case? If not what would you suggest?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire