mardi 12 septembre 2023

Editing or moving site-packages in django

In django ive installed the django-two-factor-auth package through my virtual environment, and it is installed in /env/Lib/site-packages/. What is best practice of editing such a package? If for example i want to edit the urls (or the views)? Do i move or copy the packages from the env/ into my django project as an app? My existing project setup is:

  • /env/
  • /project/
    -/app1/
    -/app2/

As im quite new to django, im looking for best practices before i start making my own judgements.

As my /env/ is not tracked by git, i cant imagine i should be editing the package directly within. I tried copying the entire django-two-factor-auth package into my project, but im not sure how to register it correct in settings.py (im also wary of having a copy of the same library in both /env/ and /project/).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire