vendredi 2 juin 2023

Any recommendations for learning how to reason about and create better automated tests with Cypress?

I create test automation tests using Cypress for a large scale application. I use POM and all the other best practices that are general ones and it is possible to find out online.

My issue is the test design architecture.

I have the written test cases with a lot of steps. I need to transform the test cases in a long e2e test using Cypress.

I am new to programming and I get code review comments that I do not think like a programmer, I do not do things like the programmer would create functions or reason about them.

Can you please share your thought process how you write long e2e tests and reason about them? What kind of design module should I use when writing tests? Should I follow a declarative programming pattern? Or how should I reason about the test?

How do you think?

I found one article regarding my issue called Creating an Architecture for Your Automated Tests in one of the QA blogs.

What books or things would you recommend to take into account or learn? Are there any good resources to see the code how other people reason about the long e2e tests and create functions or higher order functions, etc.

Thanks.

I have tried to Google and I found a couple of resources related to my issue

A blog article: Creating an Architecture for Your Automated Tests

A github repository: ui-testing-best-practices

I want to know if there any other resources to learn from or I could take into consideration.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire