mardi 31 août 2021

Custom Search and Filter functionality VueJS

I was hoping I could get some feedback on something I'm working on. I'm building an application that is essentially a bunch of data tables. Part of my requirement is not to use any additional frameworks (vuetify) or any type of store (vuex).

Currently, my application is constructed as follows:

  • API call upon creation of app
  • That data get's passed into a component where I would like to do all my searching/filtering
  • From there the next component is built specifically for Pagination
  • Then to the component that builds the data tables.

My question is, since I have this top down approach, how do I build both the search and filter functionality to where I don't have to pass anything back up to the parent components?

I am using scoped slots to pass/inject data into child components. My first thought was that I would have a computed property that returns an array in the control component and then pass that down to the pagination component, which works, but how do I also use that same array if I want to be able to filter results and also search filtered and none filtered items? Essentially to be able to mock the functionality of some of the Vuetify tables.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire