samedi 25 janvier 2020

Is it a good practice to send schema in web application?

I want to build a web app (SPA) that send the schema (not necessarily the raw db schema, but a representation of the data potentially in a JSON format) to the view, so in the view we can:

  1. Generate grids based on that schema instead of wiring columns
  2. Handle additional information from these fields, such as if it is editable or not, and the like.

This web app will allow users to see tabular information in a grid, and potentially do CRUD operations.

I see a lot of benefits on using the schema (We can implement validators based on the schema, forms generation should be very simple, and best, the impact of adding a simple field to the web app should be easily handled)

My question is: Is it a good strategy? Could you help me identify some drawbacks with this approach? (The stack I am using for this is not very important, but just for the sake of clarity, I am using Bottle in the backend, and React in frontend)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire