lundi 21 février 2022

How do I make this pattern with number of rows and columns specified by the user?

I received this assignment and I spent the last hour trying to figure it out but I don't seem to know how to do it. I have tried many ideas but none of them worked. Here is the expected output: enter image description here

This is my final version of the code. It works however for some reason it doubles the number of columns. I'm not sure how to fix it.

int rows;
int columns;
int k = 0;
int j;
int i;
string pattern1;
string pattern2;
cout << "Enter number of desired rows: ";
cin >> rows;
cout << "Enter number of desired columns: ";
cin >> columns;
pattern1 = " \\@/";
pattern2 = " /*\\";

for (i = 1; i <= rows; i++)
{
    for (j = 1; j <= columns; j++)
    {
        if (i % 2 == 0)
        {
            cout << " /@\\";
        }
        else
            cout << pattern1;
        if (k == 0)
        {
            if (i % 2 == 0)
            {
                cout << " \\*/";
            }
            else
                cout << pattern2;
        }
    } cout << endl;
}

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire