samedi 27 novembre 2021

What's the best way to manage fixed data?

I am trying to make a web app can look up game items. The items are composed as follows.

  1. They may be added or changed by game updates.
  2. They have attributes which have range by item types (ex. Ring can have max strength +5, mana +20 etc..)
  3. The number of items are about 3-4 thousands.

Now, I hard-coded some of them as map data structure for my prototype, but I think it's not efficient. I consider of using RDBMS, such as PostgreSQL, so I can easily filter items by SQL and the main structure of items will get hardly changed. Also, it is easy to import or export. However, if I use RDBMS, the hard part is to manage item attributes. The item can have multiple attributes and I need to know the minimum and maximum stats of each. Are there better way to manage these data?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire