vendredi 31 mars 2017

Should we separate the ssis packages between several projects in our Solution?

I use SSIS2012. I have created three schema in my Data warehouse(STG, TRSF, DW).

The STG schema is for staging tables. All my source file are the CSV files. I am transferring the data from my source to each table in stg schema. I have a separate package for each tables (For example: If i have 20 csv files, I will have 20 packages and i will populate 20 tables in stg schema)

After that, I am transfering stg schema to trsf schema. During those process i have my business. I do lookup for FK and other business rules will be applied in this level. The same as privious example if I have 20 tables in stg schema, I will have 20 packages and I will fill 20 tables in trsf schema

In third step I will transfer the data from trsf schema to dw schema. Here also I have 20 packages.

At end, I will have 20 package for cleaning the tables in stg schema.

I create 4 packages for each transformation between csv files and the tables in dw schema.

I would like to know if it is good idea to create 4 seprate project for each step? Because now, I have 80 packages in one project and it can be grow up more.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire