jeudi 31 mars 2016

What is the name of the of/from constructor pattern found in the java.time package? [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

I recently picked up Java and I was exploring the java.time package and noticed a, in my view, very nice interface where I could do ZonedDateTime.of(2015, 12, 1, …). Instead of the classical new ZonedDateTime(2015, 12, 1, …). I saw the same with a .from method to create the object from another object.

But just looking at the implementation without understanding why it's sometimes of and sometimes from I feel that I'm missing something. Especially since I'm now keen on using the same pattern for some of my own classes.

This being Java I'm assuming that there's an actual formal proper name for this, and not just something that the implementors of the java.time package made on their own. :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire